Our Story

Sacred Heart Primary was established in 1956 by the Sisters of Mercy. The Mercy tradition continued until 1993, when Mrs Sattler was appointed the first lay Principal of the school. Lay teachers now hold the executive positions as well as being class teachers.

For a few years the school only took boys to Year Three, after which they were moved to Parramatta Marist Junior School. It was not until 1991 that Sacred Heart educated boys to the completion of year six. In 1999, Sacred Heart was extended and improved by the Catholic Education Office, increasing the enrolment of the school to over 200 students.

A close relationship exists between the School and the Parish and we are very fortunate to have a church on site. In December 2002– early 2015 the care of both the parish and school was transferred to the Camillians (Ministers of the Infirm). Fr Walter Fogarty is the current Parish Priest.

We are committed to providing quality education in a welcoming environment.

We celebrate our faith, our multiculturalism and achievements.

We value the dignity of each person and the partnership between home and school.