Parents as Partners
Learn how you can help support your child’s learning.
Sacred Heart acknowledges parents and carers as each student’s most influential, primary and essential educators.
We encourage parents to be actively involved in school life and work with us to ensure the best educational outcomes for your child.
Parents are also actively encouraged to attend school events such as sports carnivals, exhibitions and performance evenings.
How can I contribute?
We encourage the active involvement of parents in the life of our school and in the educational wellbeing of their child. We provide many opportunities for parents to get involved, including:
- Community Connections meetings (providing feedback around school goals and initiatives)
- Coordinating social and community building activities
- Assisting with fundraising initiatives
- Helping at sporting events
- Attending Masses, learning events and other school celebrations
- Volunteering in the canteen
Volunteer and contractor training
We welcome the contribution volunteers make to the life of our school.
As part of our commitment to keeping students safe, all volunteers in schools are required to complete the building child safe communities undertaking form and child protection training module before volunteering. These checks reduce potential risk and forms part of our strategy to build child safe communities.